Travel advice & practical information for travelogue:

'City Trip New York'

Useful addresses


U.S. Embassy
24 Grosvenor Square
London W1A 2LQ
Tel.: 020-7499 9000
Web site: Embassy of the U.S. London


Consular Section, American Embassy
2, rue Saint-Florentin
75382 Paris Cedex 08 (Métro: Concorde)
Website : US Embassy Paris, France
E-mail :

I Love New York is the official web site of the New York State tourism board.

General information

If you live in a country that participates in the US Visa Waiver program, you need to register electronically in advance with the US Immigration Service via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) to ask permission to enter the USA. Travelers need this permission in order to be able to board a plane or ship to the United States. It is no longer possible to get permission upon entering the country. The request can be filed at any time before the beginning of the trip: within minutes you'll receive an e-mail response. But it's recommanded to do it a little early. The permission will be valid for two years after it is granted.


Compare car rent

If you know in advance which places you're going to visit, you can find out online if and where there are ATM's where you can use your MasterCard and Cirrus or Visa to withdraw money.

Plan your trip to New York online

Through online reservation systems like À la Carte Vacations you can book airline tickets, hotels, rental cars and holiday houses. You can build a fly-drive itinerary with maximum flexibility, book a flight plus a hotel hotel for a night or weekend. Without the limitations of package deals from travel organisations and most times for a much better price.

Hotels New York | Cars for Less car rent New York | Compare car rent New York | Airline tickets New York | Flights from New York | Budget hotels New York | New York airport car rent

Off The Beaten Track travel magazine - travel information & travel advice United States